It seems as though the entire nation has been more than eager to join the “green revolution” over the past decade or so. We are constantly trying to find better ways to dispose of our waste and recycle what materials we can in order to eliminate the excessive human footprint our scraps have been leaving behind. As we become more and more aware of our impact on the environment, many new inventions and adaptations continue to be created every day so that we can cut back on the amount of precious natural resources we are using in the future. When it comes to electricity, LED lighting is one of the leading efficient products as far as saving energy. There are so many practical reasons to use LED lights instead of traditional incandescent bulbs, even Thomas Edison would happily jump on board.
- Saves Money – because LED lights are designed to naturally use less energy for the same amount of lighting, everyone will end up saving money in the long run. LED bulbs are proven to be more efficient by putting out 75 lumens per watt versus only 16 or 17 lumens per watt put-out from an incandescent bulb of the same wattage. This being said, consumers are still able to enjoy their favorite concerts and sporting events because large-scale LED displays are more affordable now than ever before.
- LED last longer – Because they are naturally designed to use less energy, a typical LED bulb is known to last up to ten times longer than a traditional bulb. This not only means you will be saving money on replacement bulbs, but you will also have to deal with much less overall maintenance of any LED lighting fixture in the future.
- Incandescent bulbs will not be around forever – There are so many perks to using LED lighting that the government has even begun to phase out traditional incandescent bulbs. This means you will not be able to purchase them any longer after a certain point.
- Brighter color – New technology has allowed LED bulbs to shine brighter than ever across the visible spectrum in as many colors that are known to the human eye. Bright displays are able to capture an audience and engage them like never before.
- Cool to the touch – unlike traditional bulbs, LEDs will never heat up the longer they burn. They will always remain cool to the touch due to much less energy flowing to the fixture at any given time.
- LED lights contain little to no mercury, unlike incandescent bulbs from the past, making LEDs an overall much safer option for everyone.
- LED lights do not attract insects much like traditional bulbs, allowing you to enjoy an evening concert without the flock of unwanted bugs that would normally be attending as well.
PixelFlex is a leading distributer of contemporary LED screen solutions across the nation. They specialize in bringing quality picture panels to several different uses such as advertising, lectures and concert videos for large audiences. If you are looking for a more efficient lighting panel to display customized graphics for your business, this is certainly a company that can help.