As with many things, most people who purchase glass pipes do so without taking the time to research. This means they simply end up buying the first glass pipe they come across, rather than purchasing the one that is perfect for their needs. Some people simply see a pretty design on a particular pipe, and then grab it, and then are upset when it doesn’t function properly or when it breaks quickly. To ensure you make the right purchasing decision, here are ten things you should know about blown glass pipes.
1. Different quality of glass. There are many different types of glass that are available to glassblowers. The structural integrity of your pipe depends on the type of glass they are using. Therefore, it is critical to understand which types of glass are the most durable, and then finding one that is made out of that type of glass.
2. Some blown glass pipes are double blown. What this means is that once the pipe is blown, they then blow another layer of glass around the original. The more layers a particular pipe has, the thicker it will be, but also the more durable. If you are the type of person who tends to drop things from time to time, it is best if you choose a glass pipe that has been blown a couple of times.
3. Multiple designs. There are countless designs that blown glass pipes can come in, varying in color and in style. Be sure to shop around before making your decision.
4. Custom blown. If you are having a hard time finding just the right glass pipe, it is important to know that you can have a custom blown glass pipe. All you need to do is contact a glassblower and they can help you create the perfect pipe for you.
5. Numerous sizes. Glass pipes come in an incredibly wide range of sizes. Find the right one that meets your needs.
6. Different types. There are numerous different types of glass pipes, from glass bongs to bubblers. Each of them creates a particular experience for the smoker, so be sure to choose the type that is right for your needs.
7. Some are created with health in mind. Many of the different smoking apparatuses are created with health in mind. For example, pipes that use water are generally healthier to smoke than other pipes. This is because the water in the pipe works as a filter, soaking up many of the toxins before they can reach your lungs.
8. Guarantees. Some companies will offer guarantees on your pipe, i.e. that if it breaks within a week they will replace it. Try to find a company that offers this, as it will serve as insurance on your purchase.
9. Other glass with it. Many pipes come with slides and other glass pieces that go with them. The more pieces, the more likely you are to break one of them. Make sure that if you get a pipe with multiple pieces that you care for it properly.
10. Accessories. Finally, many pipes you are able to accessorize. Choose one that is right for you.