Window treatments are essential to a home for many different reasons. There are also many varieties of window treatments on the market today including window shades, window drapes, window curtains, window blinds, and window shutters. Each variety of window treatment offers many benefits to your home.
Window shutters can be used to block extreme outdoor weather conditions, such as hurricanes or tropical storms. Window shutters can also be used for aesthetics on the exterior of a home. Window blinds can be adjusted to let minimal amounts of light in or no light light at all, which also provides the home with a privacy screen as well. Window drapes are lined and can provide an extra layer in insulation from outdoor weather conditions. While there are many different types of window treatments, there are many reasons as to why window shades are ideal for your home. Here are the top five reasons why window shades make a great addition to your home.
1. They filter light. Window shades provide various filters for the outside light whether it be natural or artificial light. Pending on the thickness of the shade, they let in partial amounts of light while also filtering out the bright lights. You can also buy blackout window shades that will completely block out any light and give you complete privacy from the outside world.
2. They look good. Window shades are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. They come in a variety of colors and designs. You can choose to have custom made window shades for your home or you can find a color or design that works for your home. There are even naturals collections out there that are eco-friendly shades that look good and still filter light and provide the privacy that you are looking for in your home.
3. They provide privacy. Window shades also provide as much privacy as you are looking for. If you choose to purchase blackout shades, then once the window shade is drawn, no light will come through into your home. Also, you will have full privacy from the outdoors with blackout window shades. Other shades also provide privacy and you can choose the level of privacy that you want from your shades when you pick them out.
4. They protect you from the sun. Not only can they block the sun as well as offer privacy, but window shades can also actually block the sun. Solar window shades are made to protect against the sun’s powerful UV rays as well as protect the interior of your home from sun damage.
5. They are easy to install. Window shades are also very easy to install. Once you pick out the style and design that you want then you can have them installed in no time at all!
As you can see, there are many different reason as to why window shades are ideal for your home. There are many different types of window treatments to choose from and you can find all over your window treatment options at SunGuard Window Fashions.